1. Welcome and Introductions: Please share one activity or thought you have regarding our NASC initiative.
Wrenshall welcomed us and gave us some background on their school. They are expanding some grades and hiring more teachers due to increased enrollment. They have made a lot of improvements in their technology with updates. They are a Q-Comp school, and they are focused on Math this year.
Each NASC member introduced themselves and gave an update on where there school is in regards to NASC.
Schools present: Wrenshall, Cromwell, Cloquet, Willow River, Carlton, Barnum, Esko, McGregor
Highlights: Curriculum collaboration. LMS and device rollouts.
2. Superintendent’s NASC Update:
Superintendents met over the summer to discuss NASC. There was talk about a grant writing team, but that was not pursued. They are very focused on the digital curriculum. Feedback on existing digital curriculum is needed, but we need to focus on what it is a bad and what could be changed to make it better.
3. Focus for this year: We will break into small groups and discuss what our focus should be.
Topics that were brought up:
The webpage was presented and the following suggestions were made:
Next Meeting @ Willow River on October 22, 2015 at 12:30 pm. Details to come.
1. Welcome and Introductions:
2. Breakout sessions on this year’s Focus Areas.