NASC committee members from several of the districts meet on Wednesday, January 7th at Cloquet Middle School.
Reps from Esko, Cloquet, Carlton, Willow River, Cromwell, Moose Lake, Barnum and Wrenshall were in attendance.
2. Feedback from your schools on the idea of NASC
Mostly positive, some districts haven’t gotten a chance to present to their staff yet. There has been communication with the cooperative from the Iron Range about the possibility of working together in the future.
3. Areas of Focus: We discussed what our initial focus would be at the last meeting. After meeting with your colleagues did this focus change for you.
Additions: RTI Interventions
4. MPCC: Did everyone have a chance to go to the MPCC web site?
Review of MPCC site for those that were not familiar. Looked at a course that is being offered for Science 7. Courses are being made for Moodle and Schoology. To import into Canvas, it requires an extra step.
5. NASC Introduction: There will be a breakout session at the MLK inservice to discuss NASC.
Looking for volunteers. Crimson - Cloquet,
Perhaps start with an overview and then proceed to an open discussion.
6. Items that should be brought back to the Superintendents:
Compensation for writing curriculum
Common calendar would help with cooperation between districts
Website presence. Looking at creating a free website, since there is no money yet. Matt Winbigler and Evan Lembke will work on this.
Next meeting, February 10, 12:00-3:00 at Carlton School.